Monday, September 11, 2017

A-Light-In-Id/Enlightened

  At the end of that long and hard but epic night, I watched the sun rise... I thought of him. Of the long, hard and painful night he had endured, that would also end with a bright flash of light.
   And at that prolific moment, my last bit of energy concentrated on making sense of our story.
   All I knew was a feeling of realization.
   I realized from all that thought, that his story had ended on page 378 of mine. I realized that it was me holding myself down now, tying me down like a pair of shoe strings, like a pile of rocks.
   It was then that my thoughts reflected on what I thought after light would be like for him. My mind found a synonym, what would after light be like for me? We had been disbanded as single threads of DNA previously from the same genome, but it was confirmed to me that at least one of us had mutated DNA.
   We were disconnected, I didn't need to keep thinking about him when I was having those mind-blowing epiphany moments of epic funness. No. It was I who still thought of his sun as setting. It was I who perpetually reminded myself day after day that I was lucky to have life, it was I who constantly thought of him as still lingering around and it was I who thought I needed that shoulder to cry on.
   And as a lonesome bunny skimped across the lightening trail down below me, I was alighted to observe that he was constantly in fear of dying.
   I didn't want to live a perpetual life of fear and remorse. Forever worrying about him, feeling guilty for being able to stay. So without further adieu, I cut the last chord as the sun smashed intothe edge of the sky.
   I was free...
     Freedom, I inhaled it.
It tasted like pink, sweet, cotton candy. Could I ask for more? Actually, yes. I had freed myself from me and was in control of the cotton candy.
   The street light flickered out. I believed I had a new shoulder to cry tears of pink, sweet, wet, cotton candy on. I had been alighted, here came the after light...

Carpe tu diem

No comments:

Post a Comment